The GSSC Board of Directors met on the morning of the 13th. The general meeting kicked off with lunch and an excellent Keynote speech by nationally known comic and speaker, Kenn Kington, Owner of Kenn Productions, Inc. Kenn’s message, 4 Critical Decisions of the Successful, really set the tone the rest of our meeting. Using humor and personal stories, Kenn shared the four common traits of highly successful people and organizations.
Following Kenn on Wednesday were:
- Bryan Carter, President of P2 Publishers and Think Webstore on
Rapid Marketing Evolution and Finding Your Audience
- Owen Doherty, Associate Administrator of MARAD on
Supporting US Shipyards: The Role of the Maritime Administration (MARAD)and
- John Havlik, Senior Workforce Development Manager with NCCER on
Formalizing a Workforce Development Strategy
On Thursday we had:
- Tim Alford, Special Assistant to the Chancellor of the Alabama Community College System (ACCS) started us off with a message about the 1:2:7 Imperative: ACCS's Plan for the Gulf Coast
- Tim Johnson, Executive Director of the National Maritime Education Council (NMEC), who discussed the New Standard for Maritime Craft Professionals: An NMEC Update.You must be logged on to view presentations.
- Edmond Hughes, Vice President, Human Resources & Administration at Ingalls Shipbuilding delivered our final Key Note, Workforce Development: Impacting the Talent Pipeline.You must be logged on to view presentations.
The final session, led by Jeff Allman, Strategic Planner at Ingalls Shipbuilding, had each of the leaders form the GSSC strategic plan working groups report to the general meeting the work their groups have done and their plans for the future.
The GSSC Navigator of the Year award was presented to Ryan Lee, Workforce Development Manager with Austal, USA.
The meeting featured good food, great conversations, informative presentations and a few door prizes. The meeting adjourned at 2:30 p.m., April 14. Thanks for helping make this meeting such a success!
Special thanks to our sponsors and exhibitors who helped make GSSC’s Annual 2016 meeting possible!
LEARN • CONNECT • REFLECT • PLAN